• 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, sliced ¼-inch crosswise
• 1/2 cup of dried sour cherries
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• Sea salt or kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
• Heat a large skillet, and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Lay the brussels sprouts in the pan, and toss to coat with the oil. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Spread them out into a single layer in the pan, cut side down. Cook on medium to medium low for 20 minutes. Sprouts should be browned in areas. Turn the sprouts over and cook for about 15-20 minutes more. Remove the sprouts to a bowl.
• In the same pan, cook the bacon over medium heat, until tender and cooked through, about 10 minutes. (watch the heat so the bacon doesn't get too crisp - you want it to cook slowly so it will be tender). Spoon out most of the fat from the skillet. Turn the heat to low. Add the cherries and cook, tossing, for 30 seconds or so, until the cherries soften. Add the roasted sprouts back to the skillet along with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes to heat everything up and to mingle the flavors. Season with pepper, to taste. Serve hot.
If you want to roast in the oven, see the original recipe.