Here's to good food!

I am finally putting my tried and true family recipes here. Check out my old-time favorites as well as newly discovered ones.

I hope you'll find some recipes here that you enjoy cooking, and those you cook for will find them tasty and satisfying.
Are you looking for something special? Something quick and easy? You'll find it here somewhere.
Check in often to see what's cooking in Monterey!

One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti

If you are posting from this site, please give appropriate credit and notify me. Thank you.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Soboro Bento


This can be found at Marukai or stores that sell Asian foods.  Comes in
a two-pack.  There are other brands. Find in refrigerated section.

This is a lunch that Auntie Agnes fixed for me when I visited her.  It was yummy, AND so simple.  Isn't it pretty?  A bowl of rice, topped with flaked salmon, a seasoned scrambled egg, and a green shiso (or perilla) pickle.  I think she garnished with some strips or pieces of nori (seaweed). 

So here it is for one serving:
  • I large bowl of hot rice
  • flaked salmon (tuna?)
  • pickled shiso, or could also use cut up green beans, carrots, spinach cooked until tender
  • egg, seasoned with a little soy and a pinch of sugar, scrambled into fine bits.  (1 egg is enough for two bowls.)
  • nori, either in strips or torn into small pieces
And there you have it.  😋  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment