Here's to good food!

I am finally putting my tried and true family recipes here. Check out my old-time favorites as well as newly discovered ones.

I hope you'll find some recipes here that you enjoy cooking, and those you cook for will find them tasty and satisfying.
Are you looking for something special? Something quick and easy? You'll find it here somewhere.
Check in often to see what's cooking in Monterey!

One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti

If you are posting from this site, please give appropriate credit and notify me. Thank you.

Monday, November 19, 2018

Cocoa Apple Cake

One night I wanted to make this cake, but I didn’t have apples, so I adapted it by using applesauce.  It is so much easier.  I've made it with grated apples, and I prefer the one with applesauce.
Even though there isn't a lot of cocoa and chocolate chips in it, it s a chocolate cake.  Everyone wants the recipe.

1 C butter                                 1 tsp allspice
1½ C sugar                                2 C applesauce
3 eggs                                      ½ C water or coffee
2½ C flour                                ½ C chocolate chips
1 tsp baking soda                      1 C chopped walnuts
2 Tbsp cocoa                            2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
             Grease and flour a Bundt pan well.  Preheat oven to 325o.
Cream butter and sugar.  Mix in eggs.  Sift dry ingredients.  Add to creamed mixture.  It may look a little unappetizing, but it'll be fine.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour.  Let cool slightly before turning out of pan.  Great on it's own, but even better with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment