Here's to good food!

I am finally putting my tried and true family recipes here. Check out my old-time favorites as well as newly discovered ones.

I hope you'll find some recipes here that you enjoy cooking, and those you cook for will find them tasty and satisfying.
Are you looking for something special? Something quick and easy? You'll find it here somewhere.
Check in often to see what's cooking in Monterey!

One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti

If you are posting from this site, please give appropriate credit and notify me. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Avocado Toast

I have no shame.  This comes from SmittenKitchen, where I get a lot of recipes, as well as from her cookbook.
This is so easy, as long as you have an avocado and a lemon.  I usually buy a bag of lemons, so I always have some on hand.  Oh, those days when I had access to a lemon tree and didn't take advantage of it!
     Apparently Avocado Toast has been around for awhile, but I had never heard of it until I read about it on Deb's website.  And it didn't take me long to try making it.  So easy for lunch!  And so yummy!  Why didn't I think of this!

1 slice of bread
1/2 avocado
1 T olive oil
1 T lemon juice
pepper (Aleppo, cayenne, your choice)

1.  Toast a slice of bread.  This one happens to be a heavy sourdough, our favorite.  (Use something a little heavier than soft white sandwich bread.)
2.  Slice up half an avocado on the toast, and kind of mash it around with a fork to spread all the way to the edges.
3.  Place on a plate, drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice so they run off and get under the toast.
4.  Sprinkle with your choice of pepper.
5.  Enjoy!  Do again tomorrow for lunch!  Or breakfast or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment